Nourishing Oat Cookies
I have a sweet tooth, but I like to eat things that nourish my body and give me lots of vitamins and minerals, not just empty calories. I love these because they are super easy to make from store cupboard ingredients and Isabelle loves them too. They taste so good straight out of the oven! The almond butter gives you lots of vitamin E, fibre and protein, oats are also loaded with vitamins and minerals essential for health and the banana makes them moist, sweet and loaded with potassium (which is vital for the health of your cells).
- 2 large ripe bananas peeled (180g)
- 170 g whole organic oats
- 3 tbsp (heaped) almond butter
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup or date syrup
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Preheat fan oven to 190C or 180C if fan oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they are smooth. Add the almond butter and either the honey or syrup of your choice and mix well, until a smooth mix forms.
- Add the oats to the sticky wet mix and mix well.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking try and spray lightly with an spray oil or simply grease a baking tray.
- With a spoon place a heaped scoop of the mixture onto the tray and shape into round shape cookies. Spread them quite thinly. The mixture makes around 10.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 18-20 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before enjoying! They are delicious warm from the oven but also lovely the next day. Store any left overs in an airtight container. Enjoy! x