These are super good for you, delicious and easy to make! Blueberries are high in antioxidants and health giving phytonutrients, they help boost immunity, are high in fibre and they taste yummy too. Oats are rich in a specific type of fibre called beta-glucan which helps to lower bad cholesterol. Flaxseeds are high in omega 3’s and fibre and great for your gut. I eat these any time of the day!! Isabelle loves them too!
Blueberry Oat Muffins
- 2 cups ready oats (ready oats are a milled wholegrain oats and wholegrain oat flour)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup soya milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 2 tbsp Date syrup Maple syrup works well. You can reduce to 1 tbsp if you want.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or extra virgin oil I have also made these with 1/8 cup and I could not taste the difference and they weren't dry so feel free to use less oil if you want.
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt optional
- I like to add seeds or a milled seed blend to the top for decoration and/or crunch
- Preheat over 175 degrees C. Get a cake tin and add cake or muffin cases (usually 6-8).
- Leave the blueberries to the side. Mix all the wet ingredients together and then fold in the dry and mix. Gently add the blueberries and fold until evenly distributed.
- Place mixture into the cake or muffin cases (usually 8 cakes, 6 muffins).
- Place in oven and cook for around 25-35 mins (every oven is different so check on them after 20 mins to check they aren’t burning). They are cooked when golden brown or a skewer comes out clean.