Spicy Salmon & Super Bean Chilli With Avocado Salad
This is a super quick meal and highly nutritious and rich in super important protein. I love this dish because:✅ It tastes great.✅ It is 50% vegetables.✅ Almost eating a rainbow.✅ High in protein.✅ High in fibre.✅ High in antioxidants.✅ High in omega 3’s.✅ Rich in vitamins and minerals.Part of my method is to eat to nourish and support your body. When you change the way you look at food, you never need to diet, and excess weight just naturally goes, your skin glows and you feel great!
- 1 fillet of salmon per person
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder blend per fillet (I use Sainsbury's which is a mix of chilli powder, cumin, garlic, oregano).
- 2 tsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 1/2 avocado per person, cut into slices
- 1/5 cucumber per person, cut into slices
- 4-5 baby plum tomatoes per person, cut in half
- 1 handful of mixed green salad leaves
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp balsamic glaze (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper and sea salt (optional)
Super Veggie Bean Chilli (see previous post for recipe)
- Add a portion of the Super Veggie Bean Chilli.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat until hot. Coat the salmon in the spices and place the salmon fillet in the frying pan and fry for a couple of minutes before turning over, and continue frying for another couple of minutes. Repeat for the other sides of the salmon so each side of the salmon has been seared by the heat. Don't over cook the salmon. The time for cooking will depend on the size of your salmon. I find that the salmon continues to cook for a minute or two after you take it off the heat.
- Serve with the Super Veggie Bean Chilli, plus the Avocado Salad on the side.
- Cut the cucumber and avocado into similar sized slices, add the chopped tomatoes and mixed green salad leaves.
- Mix the oil, balsamic and seasoning together and drizzle over the salad.
I had some left over halloumi in the fridge so I added that on top of the chilli in case you are wondering what those white cubes are on top of the chilli in the picture.